Saturday, May 5, 2012

Today's Way of Not Leaving Much Time for Anything Else

Ah, the joys of having the day to look forward to.  But, wait!  There are some things I'm supposed to do ... or that I've been told I might want to do first.


Such as recommendations/suggestions from various health and alternative health professionals:

*  Meditate each morning.
*  Do a morning yoga routine.
*  Take a daily walk.  (If sunny, wear a hat and use sun-screen.)
*  Perform a monthly breast self-exam.
*  Monitor my blood pressure.
*  Take daily omega-3 fish oil capsules.
*  Ditto vitamin D drops.
*  Ditto liquid kelp drops.
*  Ditto bone-health supplements.
*  Ditto digestive enzymes with meals.
*  Ditto heart-health tincture morning and afternoon.
*  Floss.
*  Do regular pre-bath dry-skin brushings.
*  Take regular Epsom salts baths.
*  Take regular oil baths--1/4 cup oil in a tub of water.  Then cleanser the tub.
*  Keep my skin and hair lubricated.
*  Do an upper-body strengthening routine.
*  Do 30 minutes of a cardiovascular workout, preferably not right before bedtime.
*  And I mustn't forget to get my monthly vitamin B-12 shots.
*  And schedule a regular energy acupuncture boost.
*  And another mammogram.
*  And another bone health-scan.
*  And my 3x/year dental cleanings.
*  And a hot rocks massage every winter to heat the core and boost morale.

Plus:

*  Pay my property taxes 4x/year.
*  Get my oil changed every 3,000 miles.
*  Get my tires rotated every 7,000 miles.
*  Put new spring bulbs in every autumn.
*  Fertilize them after blooming.
*  Run my anti-virus computer scans once a month.
*  Schedule my annual furnace cleaning every March.
*  Renew my library card and museum membership every April ... my car registration every May.
*  Send a donation to my alma mater every June.
*  Re-seal my granite counter-tops every July.
*  Have my bushes trimmed every August.
*  Change batteries in my alarms 2x/year.
*  Separate out paper, plastic, trash, cans/bottles every Thursday.
*  Grocery shop every Tuesday for my senior discount.
*  Fertilize my orchid the first of every month.

Then there are the things I have to re-research how to do because I've forgotten:

*  Burn a CD as a back-up file.
*  Re-set my answering machine clock after the electricity has gone out.
*  Re-set my two camera clocks with the twice-yearly time changes.
*  Plus the clock on my short-wave battery radio.
*  Use my cruise control.
*  Find the tip calculator on my cell phone.

But, conversely:

*  By consciously avoiding using my broiler, I no longer have to clean out my oven.
*  Or defrost the fridge since I don't think they make that kind anymore.
*  And I don't go to the shoe repair man since there is no such animal these days.

Whew!



No comments:

Post a Comment