Saturday, September 5, 2015

Dimmer Days

Before I began living alone, it was nice to be able to split the duties.  You see that the car is kept in good shape, I'll tally the finances each month.  Or ... together we'll decide what to do about winter.  People around here, if they go anywhere at all, seem to go to Florida.  I prefer the western part of the country, myself.  There's also something to be said for staying home in order to be here if the power goes out, pipes freeze, roof leaks, etc.  Okay, so I now figure things out myself ... though I don't want to find myself obsessing about one thing and neglecting something else.  And there are big things like the economy where my research leads me to such terminology as debt-based money, market manipulation, and black swans. What to do  ...  except proceed one day at a time.

And then there's the dimmer days thing.  Less sunlight by something like 20% I think I read, though that's not an exact figure.  Caused by intentional spraying.  If you've been looking up--though you may not have known what they were--you've probably seen the frequent aerosol trails high up in the sky as nano particulates spread out over the entire sky, create a haze, and purposefully obscure sunlight from reaching the earth in an effort to modify the climate, all being done, or so it seems, with no oversight.  And all treated as if it were a non-subject ... though there are plenty of on-line sites that talk about it.  And, no, it's not harmless condensation trails; those are ice crystals that quickly dissipate and don't create a haze.  No, this is a program called SRM for Solar Radiation Management.  It may scatter light and reduce solar radiation, but it can also result in a depletion of the ozone layer, change rain patterns, and hinder photosynthesis. And then what about whatever is in that aerosol drifting into our soil and watersheds? Anyway, I'm keeping up my vitamin D.  "D for dimmer days," I say to myself.


Those aren't clouds; those are trails of aerosol spraying ...


... which produce this haze.  (You can see another trail in the background.)


As for other things going on now, I'll leave them to people like Chris Hedges.  If you're a fan of his, as I am, you will appreciate this week's posting.  Click here 

James Howard Kunstler--a writer, blogger, gardener--is good too.  Colorful language.  His site is kunstler.com

As for the skies, our local environmental gathering will soon be showing "What in the World Are They Spraying?" which is found on YouTube.





No comments:

Post a Comment