Friday, January 26, 2018

A Gallery of Photos: Winter Up Close and Personal


The outside temperature


Well, I've got to admit:  winter is like that around here.  That's January for you.  We had one day recently when the highest it got was zero.  Then day after day when the temperatures were single digits or sub-zero.  And one night when the wind-chills were down to minus 30.  My furnace was working hard, chugging away.  There it was, doing its best to keep things toasty, even as I bundled up in layers, warm socks, wool scarf, shawl, and a good warm hand-knit wool blanket.  Of course, I stayed indoors as best I could despite feeling house-bound.  But in trying to go out in such temperatures, even breathing through a scarf, I found myself edging toward getting asthma one day when it was 8 degrees.  I didn't want to collapse as I was putting money in the parking meter so I concentrated on staying upright, made my way to the bakery, got my bread, cancelled my other errands, and went home!!  Enough of that!


The beauty of the rising sun on trees out my window ...


... and of a tree covered in ice
(Another view)
It looks like the Antarctic, but in the summer, this is all green grass




The picnic table
Two neighborhood furnaces working at high speed

Where deer sometimes sleep















No comments:

Post a Comment