Thursday, November 21, 2019

Door Number Eight

An oil painting I did soon after I came to Vermont in the mid-1990's, called Winter Light.


I began this blog in the spring of 2011, some eight-and-a-half years ago, and have now published 337 postings beginning with one a week, then one every two weeks.  I named it Door Number Eight because I had entered my 8th decade (so I was in my early 70's) and expected I would carry on with it until I turned 80.  In fact, I've gone somewhat beyond that, still enjoying finding an outlet for my lists, photos, opinion pieces, etc.

That said, I now find myself not particularly wanting to continue but also not particularly wanting to stop.  So, I shall make a happy compromise of leaving this blog open for the time being but not necessarily posting anything.  If something strikes me, I'll add it.  But it nothing strikes me, I offer old postings instead of new.  You can always scroll down chronologically ... or access the Topics in the right hand margin.

It's been fun.  I'm rather amazed that I could haul out 337 pieces about this and that. 







No comments:

Post a Comment