Saturday, July 20, 2013

Garden Tour Time



I recently went on The Gardens of Westminster tour, Westminster being Vermont's oldest town with some 3,000 people located in the southeastern part of the state near the Connecticut River.  Though thunderstorms were predicted for later in the day, the morning was clear and pleasant.  I paid my $15 and was given a map to follow.  After visiting one splendid garden on the main street, I then drove on up through woods, along single-lane dirt roads, to most attractive (and quite private) homes and gardens.

These photos will give you a hint of some of the loveliness I found.




A sunken terrace









A watchful llama




































(Many thanks to those who gave me permission to photograph these gardens.)


No comments:

Post a Comment