Saturday, April 25, 2015

Transmission .... Received??

Something has been going on these three weeks since I returned from California.  Which has left me if not exactly amused, at least a bit befuddled.  Of course, change means getting rid of the old to make way for the new.  But I'm also wondering "if there's a message here."

Since coming back, my computer has given out.  My car has bit the dust.  My kitchen radio (a nice short wave perpetually tuned to NPR) has ceased to function.  One of my digital cameras no longer works.  And my battery charger seems kaput.

I've had to replace two of my three (land line) telephones plus my computer keyboard.  I've sent emails that haven't arrived.  The Messages application on my laptop froze.  And though it still works, my modem is temperamental.

Then, after my computer tech came to get my p.c. tower--to diagnose the problem and then switch all my files to another one--I haven't been able to find my speakers.  No, he didn't take them with him, no reason to do that.  But I have no memory of moving them myself.  Weird!  I've looked everywhere.

On top of all that, I've been having throat problems which as every New Ager knows is the speech chakra. There does seem to be something of a theme here.

So, what's the message:  Time to Move and Find Your Next House?  (That's next week's posting.)  Time to Find a Better Climate?  Time to REALLY Downsize?  Or as my saggy internet connection says, Problem Loading; Retry.  Hmmmm .....

Well, at least while all this has been going on, the last of my snow piles has melted and daffodils have come out all over town.  Despite a few renegade flakes yesterday, winter is over, hurray!  Time to get the pots out of the cellar.  Have the yard raked.  (Spring clean-up, it's called.  I used to do it myself, but no more.)  Get my entryway ceiling re-plastered that fell down after an ice dam on the roof had its way.  And have the windows washed.  At least I now have a newish computer up and running.  And I've just bought a car.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the blog about your word-playful Donald. Also think the daffodil photo
    the absolute essence of daffodil...and what an odd word.

    ReplyDelete