Saturday, January 31, 2015

Winter Scenes


On his way down the street

So winter storm Juno just passed--historic for some parts of New England but not this particular part though we were originally in that bright pink "blizzard warning" area anticipating 12" to 24" of snow.  But then it turned out that we were just northwest enough to miss the big stuff including heavy snowfall, high winds, and power outages.  It's a pure guess, but I'd say we didn't get more than 6".  Regardless, in preparation, everything was shut down except the excellent work of the snow plows.  I stayed in, ate soup, and read a good book.   The town cleared my street twice ... and also salted it.  And my plow man cleared my driveway, then shoveled my front walk so the accumulation wouldn't turn to ice.  At least winter is just about half over, hurrah!








Beech trees keep their leaves until spring.







Comfort food on a cold morning



No comments:

Post a Comment